Monday, January 7, 2019

January 7, 2019

One more time about how the government shutdown isn't a shutdown please.  I misunderstood.  I thought these people were getting paid and the park services folks were just taking some time off...  etc... etc...
Also.  I'd like another person, over 30, in a mid-west state who has seen enough people of color in the course of their life to cover the first string of a basketball team and hope for no injuries... to tell me how badly we need the wall. 
Then I want someone to tell me how this wall is gonna work.
Then I want someone to tell me how all the other places that 5 billion could go to are somehow less

important than this wall.
When you're done with all that I'll tell you why the wall is useless, a complete and utter waste of money, and then I'll explain to you what a "government shutdown" means...  at this point I'll end on a high note and tell you all the positive and constructive ways the "wall money" can be used to better our society and improve the quality of life of the American people.

When I am done with that and I've removed the gag from your mouth I'll let you rail at me about what an idiot I am.
While you're foaming at the mouth in rage I'll calmly print all the articles and journals that I referred to in my carefully thought out response to your argument.

I'll put together a packet for you and provide for you the contact information of a few personal friends of mine who live, or have lived, in countries other than America so they can chat with you about the pros and cons of each - things they like and dislike about living in a foreign country and what they think would be good for America vs. what America is doing that another country could benefit from adopting.

I will encourage you to put together a similar packet for me providing me with more information to support your argument.  This way we can both take our time sifting through the evidence and come to our own conclusions.  When we are done I propose we speak again and determine how our views have changed.

Alternatively you can post something inflammatory on Facebook.
I can call you out and tell you that I disagree with you, then share evidence with you dictating why I disagree with you.
You can get mad at me.
You can call me an idiot and make a derogatory comment about Obama or Clinton.
I can post one more time the same point I previously made and share more evidence and point out that your comment reflects your unwillingness to read my comment.
You can get mad at me.
You can call me an idiot and make a derogatory comment about Obama or Clinton.
I can come back and tell you I'm done. 
Walk away from it and forget about it. 
Snooze your ass or unfollow you.
Unfriend you if it's a common thing and I'm sick of it.
Then you can tell everyone you won because I walked away.


The fact is.  The lies and inaccuracies keep pouring in and nobody is doing the research they're just grabbing headlines.  I won't discuss so many things because I feel I don't grasp them as well as I should to argue a point. The fact that I'm often called stupid or a sheep or any number of things when I take the time to put together a well thought out argument?  That will make me not want to discus anything.  Do it enough and nobody will talk to you.  Then you think you won?

No you lost.  You lost big.  You lost so big you don't even know it.  People don't like you, they don't talk to you and they certainly don't agree with you.  This is where it gets scary because then you go and find other people who think like you do, who refuse to acknowledge other perspectives, and then you feed off each other and grow and become dangerous.

Yeah it's fucking political.
It's all political right now.
You're either a liberal or a conservative and if you're liberal you're democrat and if you're conservative you're republican and there is no gray area.  You can say you're neither all you want but you either support 45 or you don't and if you do you're a conservative republican period.  PERIOD. End of story.  There is no black and white the world is made up of shades of grey but right now.  Right here.  2019 America there is ONLY black and white and it's fucking frightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment