Wednesday, January 4, 2017

the magnitude of it makes priorities seem silly

I have this insane desire to make sure that something is different, something is put away, finished, changed, completed, made right-correct-the way it's supposed to be...  every single day.

But the first step is figuring out where to start and to be honest with you the kitchen is out of fucking control and it's the heart of the damn house...  so that's where we're going to start.  I picked up a couple of things I needed, and was looking for, while I was out and about today...  and now it has become achingly obvious that I need to figure out what color I want to paint the kitchen...  color match the existing paint, pick a backsplash, hit YouTube for refreshers on taping and mudding, and get my ass in gear...  but first.  I have to pick a paint color.  My husband says every blue I bring home is too dark so it's back to the damn hardware store for more chips...  I don't want it dark, but I don't want it so light you can't tell if it's blue.  It's not like it's the whole kitchen either.

I've managed to be rather productive today, and satisfy my itch of changing something every day but the solution of putting a shelf into the halfbath only made it more painfully obvious than before that the storage solution for that room is quite simply to get the fucking vacuum cleaner out of there.  Of course...  the place I want to put the vacuum is currently full of a whole bunch of other shit that needs to get dealt with... and in order to truly get the space set up the way I need it... I have to actually gut the closet and find or build a closet system to suit my needs.

It's all just a mess.  So I'm focusing on one thing at a time and taking a lot of notes.  Right now the biggest deal is to quite seriously finish coloring the picture I've been working on since baseball season started back in April.


No comments:

Post a Comment