Thursday, January 12, 2017

the anger boils but it all boils down to one thing

I had such an epically fucked up day I can't even begin to describe it, I don't want to re-live it and laying out all the trivialities that made it so awful just makes me look like an asshole.
At least I'm not a stupid asshole.
But seriously.

If you have a dog that has been showing signs of pain for six days and you've already shelled out 10K on back surgery...  why do you wait until one hour before the vet closes to even call them?  Then you show up 15 minutes before they close and all you want is pain meds.

It's like the asshole who always shows up ten minutes before we close to buy food.  Dude...  we've closed the books and put up the chairs, half the lights are out and we're literally only here because we're getting paid to be and you never know when an emergency is going to call.  We're technically open...  but we're not big box.  We leave when we close so we do all the procedural stuff beforehand... and your last minute $40 bag of food just guarantees us an extra five minutes sitting here doing stuff we already did.

I have a lot of problems with the way people treat those in customer service.  As a result of this I usually go out of my way to make a sales person smile, feel useful or be useful.  If I don't need them, I'm honest, go back to the conversation you were having with your friend, if I need you-I'll get you-you're good.  If I'm the last minute person I ask, "Did you close your books?  If you did that's totally fine, I'll come back tomorrow!"  I get it.  I want to go home at the end of the day too.

Now don't get me started on the bullshit traffic I had to deal with on the way home.
Or the fact that I cannot gain weight and I'm frustrated because I'm uncomfortable in my own skin.
I just don't want to work anymore... because I'm done.
I love my job, my clients and my boss...  but days like today are so...  each one brings me one step closer to walking off the job...

No comments:

Post a Comment