Friday, January 20, 2017

and today we have a new president

I'm in a rather sad state at the moment, and I recognize the depression for what it is, I also recognize the reason.  It's not sorrow.  I'm afraid, but I'm not afraid for myself, I'm afraid for my country, the world, and just fucking people in general.  I'm not liking what I'm seeing.

I'm not comfortable being labeled as a liberal, although I've used the term to describe myself and have accepted the label for years.  Over the last four to six years I've felt a continued disconnect with liberals in general and the Democratic Party in particular and I know I'm not alone.

I'm re-educating, further educating and broadening my bandwidth.
I'll find the proper label at some point, probably Libertarian.  Probably.

I have a load of laundry in the basket waiting to be folded, a load in the dryer that needs to be folded and a load in the washer that need to be put in the dryer.
But all I can do is sit here.

It's honestly been rather difficult to even get things done for the last few days...  and I know I haven't come here and spilled anything recently, but that's not for lack of desire.

I had a doctor's appointment the day before yesterday that left me sorely disappointed and solidified my desire to find a new doctor.  I could have gone on and on about that...  but I found myself on social media killing time and writing incredibly long and detailed status updates that I never posted.. . things that should have been written here...  the reason I fucking created this thing.

I'm just falling back into old habits instead of holding true to my determination to get shit done and get shit under control and start making progress on fixing up this house and making it what I want it to be.

I think I've settled on a blue for the kitchen.

It's raining a lot.  It's beautiful but freeways are closing and roads are flooding and the mountain is falling.  There was lightening.

I know the reason for all of this is the election, the inauguration, the fear I have...

I also know that this too shall pass and we'll be all the stronger for it, but when?  When will it pass and when will we be stronger?

Life is too short to condemn ourselves to such...  hatred and bigotry.
The most unpopular president in American History.
A man whose popularity has actually declined since he was elected.
I cannot fathom where we will go from here...

But the laundry isn't going to fold itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment