Sunday, January 8, 2017

sometimes you gotta ramble yourself back to normal

This morning I had a monster anxiety attack...  not quite a full blown panic attack.  Between trying to enjoy my cup of coffee and catch up with friends on social media I had this sick little boy who was trying to make himself vomit despite having nothing in his stomach except ginger ale.  Then my mom starts texting me and I feel like I'm being interrogated about my son's health...  as though he's never been sick before.  We'd already established that due to the weather we were not going to be getting together today and the boy didn't start feeling sick until late morning yesterday...  so now there's all this unsolicited advice from my mother... again-as though he's never been sick.  I fought for 5 years to get them to take his damn tonsils out...  I think I know when a low grade fever and stomach pain requires a trip to the doctor.

I also seem to remember feeling exactly the same way myself a couple of weeks ago... and the spousal unit took a couple of days off right before the holiday...  a few people here on new year's eve and gods know what was floating around that night not to mention that he's been in day care for three days.

At the same time I'm talking down a friend who is freaking out because she can't make sense of the school schedule and needed confirmation that the kids do indeed have tomorrow off... despite having the last two weeks off.  MLK baby.

I've got the boy himself in and out of the room wanting to get a loot crate type thing with his allowance (no problem, dad and I get one and you wanna pay for it yourself?  I'm game, those things are fun as fuck.)

My brain almost exploded.
So I left.
I went out in the rain, the nasty rain that promises to not stop and cause record flooding we haven't seen in a decade.
I bought my medicine, came home, got my second cup of coffee and have proceeded to type myself to semi-normality.

The plans for the day are neatly listed.
I have a "list system" that helps me prioritize, keep track and get things done.
It's a bit complicated to explain, but the execution is quite simple.
Sorta like a bullet journal.
There are 9 things on the list today of varying degrees of difficulty.
I am optimistic...

No comments:

Post a Comment