Saturday, July 1, 2017

lazy asshole

The inability to pay attention.
The fact that plans are made involving me and I'm not told...  or no plans are made and at the last minute it becomes my problem...  but control over the last two vacations because the fucking hotel that I reserved in February had no hot water for two nights (like that's my fucking fault) and the last two trips were not without their problems... and those problems were 90% due to things he didn't think of, his not paying attention, his male ego.

He probably shouldn't have married a woman who presents as genderqueer.
A "manly" woman.
A woman whose personality and thought process is so evenly split 50/50 that she's often mistaken for being homosexual, bisexual or transgender.

I was deeply offended when he told a mutual friend that "neither of us have any experience" with "handy-work" despite the things I've done over the years that he's either seen first hand or heard about from myself and others.

He takes it upon himself to jump into projects and gets all gung ho and then wastes half the day sleeping, plays games on his phone another four hours, then frantically runs to the hardware store...  He either forgets things while he's there or doesn't make sure that he has all the necessary tools and supplies while making his list and inevitably makes an assumption that we have something when we do not.  After a minimum of two trips to the hardware store it's always too late to do the thing so he sits back down with his games and that's the end of it...  until he sleeps through half of tomorrow, plays his games another three or four hours, then jumps up like the couch is on fire to get to work on something that he'll spend more time preparing and gathering together the items for than he'll actually spend doing the work itself.

Then I have to be so proud of the manly home-owner who spent two days and 8 hours patching one coffee can sized spot on the wall and reassure him that yes, he did a fine job...  but not that it will require re-texturing because he doesn't know what the fuck he's doing and won't just relax and let me do it.

It's totally possible to patch a wall and match your texture at the same time...  Instead he has to go back, sand them all down and before I paint I will have to re-texture...  which doesn't save me any time in the process at all.  None.

I swear.  I'm gonna snap.

No comments:

Post a Comment