Wednesday, July 26, 2017

it's a lack of respect to be honest with you

I can't keep up.  I admit it loud and proud and that's why I only work four days a week.  I can't keep up with all of it otherwise.  Furthermore, unlike the rest of my co-workers, I have to have my days off consecutive or I completely lose my shit.  It would probably be different if I had some help around the house but despite making sure every single dish is washed I inevitably wake up to find a dirty dish or two or three in the sink...  Despite making sure we never run out of clothes and the fact that I keep up a steady run of laundry for two or three straight days every week my husband still has a pile of clothes on his nightstand that could potentially suffocate him should it fall.  It could be worse, but I started folding his clothes so they would stack better after an unfolded stack of clothes really did fall down...  but not on him...  no...  I could never be so lucky as to have him be the victim of the consequences of his inaction.

I'm tired of hearing "this hurts so bad" from him.
Like I'm walking around feeling great all the time.  I've dealt with chronic pain longer than he has...  but he seems to forget that.
I hate hearing about how fat he is.  He bitches constantly about it...  but rarely does anything about it...  and when he does he just bitches about how much it hurts.  He'll become the fat guy with chronic pain who can't do anything about his weight because of the pain.  Meanwhile I'm over here wishing I could feel normal for just ten fucking seconds and I'm skinny.  I'm active.  I'm strong.  I don't let it stop me.

I'm tired of him getting pissed off at the boy...  when he does the very things he tells the boy not to do.  Or doesn't do the things he tells the boy to do...  and then wonders why the boy thinks his father doesn't like him.

I'm tired of the lazy.  I come home from a long day at work and spend another hour doing things around the house before I sit down.  I'm on my feet all day long at work...  he comes home from his job where he sits, and he sits.  He sits and sits and sits and whines about being fat and bitches about how things don't get done and says he needs to stop wasting his weekends but stays up way too late, sleeps half the day away and then sits and sits and sits because sports and cell phone games are more important than anything else.  I work around him and get pissed off that he's sitting...  and he never gets up - motivated by my action to do something...  So I sit.  I sit and read and read and read until that's all I want to do because the fantasy world is so much more interesting than the fat and lazy spouse who bitches about being fat and lazy yet has a multitude of excuses for why he can't stop being fat and lazy.


No comments:

Post a Comment