Sunday, July 2, 2017

I hate the fourth of july

I hate the Fourth of July.  I said it.  I hate it.  This Red-blooded American Girl who is 6-7 generations born (depending on which branch of the tree you decide to follow) absolutely loathes Independence Day.  It's quite obviously not what it stands for that elicits such a visceral feeling...  instead, it's the way I get treated and the bullshit nonsense we have to do as a family and the ego and the snot freezing boredom.

The in-laws never make up their mind until the last minute.
My mother is never included and doesn't make plans or accept invitations because she's waiting to hear from us...  but she never contacts, never bugs, never gets insistent because that one year she did it all went really sour...  because my in-laws bitched, made up their mind last minute, my mom was stuck with all the work, nobody told her when they were coming over and the whole thing was just a fucking nightmare.

This year I made an effort and was immediately shot down with attitude.
My husband didn't realize there was no child care for the entire week and texted her about taking our son for one of the three days we need help...  and she said she would but was incredibly bitchy about it.

Did she contact me?  No.
It's still all my fucking fault that the in-laws have AGAIN waited until the last minute.
This is how it is every single year.
So next April I'm going to start planning a Fourth of July BBQ and I'm going to create an Event on Facebook, send out a fucking Evite and just make a big god damned deal about it.  I will plan the whole thing myself a good 8-10 weeks in advance so nobody will have any excuse to not go and I won't have to go to some fucking block party where I don't know anybody and attempt small talk for hours with people I have absolutely nothing in common with.

I'm absolutely fuming about the whole thing.
The subtle passive aggressive bullshit from this woman is killing me.
I want to send her a scathing text apologizing to her for my asshole in-laws and finish it up with a simple, "I can't believe I'm apologizing for them, when you'll never acknowledge that you too were at fault when you didn't contact me or ask me about the Fourth anymore than I did you.  Instead, I get to shoulder all the fucking blame for something we both did."

It's not like we don't know this is going to happen.
It's not like it's fucking new or anything.
I have to go do whatever they want because I so frequently don't, and also because I haven't done any of the family hang out shit the last couple of weeks because it's all been stuff I don't like to do or has happened when I've been at work.
I'm really not looking forward to Tuesday...  or Wednesday morning when I drop the boy off with her for the day...
In fact, I'd like this week to be over already, can it be next weekend already?
Assholes.
Every single one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment