Sunday, May 7, 2017

whole day screwed up

I got a new computer mouse so I literally have no excuse for not getting done the things I need to get done on the computer...  which is making sure I have backups of everything I need backups of and deleting all the unnecessary shit that has cluttered up on this thing along with frequent disk clean ups which will all culminate in a defrag which will hopefully give this thing a few more months.  It's a slow death... and I have no idea how long we'll be on hospice.  Summer will be rough.
I also have the flash drives I require in order to accomplish this task to my satisfaction.
So I'm sitting here working on it and doing the whole music thing and I'm going insane because I really wanted to be outside today but the spousal unit has hired the damn gardener to come and remove the weeds from the backyard.
But he bought a weed whacker yesterday because he wanted to do it himself.
I'm so confused.
There's something incredibly sad about deleting pictures off my phone.  I've got them backed up, it's cool...  it's just...  weird.
I'm anticipating a new phone for Mother's Day and if I don't get it I might be a little sad.
I'm really pissed off that everything I wanted to do today got fucked up because of the spousal unit's schedule or inattention.
Admittedly I made plans without making myself aware of his meeting because I didn't check the schedule...  but he didn't check with me before hiring the gardener to come today or making plans with a visiting friend for the night.  I'm not in a position where I have to half flake on someone, can't do what I wanted to do, and have to be home early to put the kid to bed because it's a school night.
But he'll be out having fun and staying up late, which means he'll sleep in super late, which means that tomorrow I'll probably spend a couple of hours sitting around the house waiting for him to wake the fuck up so I can get on with my day... and I'm loathe to wake him because of his insomnia issues... although I did wake him up this morning so maybe I won't be so shy tomorrow.
Regardless.  I'd better get this cat off my lap and get a few more things done.  I may be miffed at my inability to do what I wanted to do but it's not keeping me from being productive!

No comments:

Post a Comment