Sunday, November 5, 2017

the problem with sunday

Sundays are hard.  They're hard because they're my only real day off...  I don't have to work, I don't have to take the boy to school, I can sleep in and lay about the house...  but they're also the only day we're really together as a family, so it's the day for family outings and such...  but they're also the day that I feel is best to catch up on the stuff that I fell behind on during the work week...  but then...  I just want to do nothing all day and fuck it all.

So the coffee cup is empty and the joint is gone and I'm struggling with what to do with myself.
I can sit here and waste time for hours, I've proven my skills.

The thing is...  no matter what choice I make today...  I'll feel as though I wasted the day.  Sunday is about finding balance.  Doing just enough of each thing that I wish to accomplish to feel that I've had a productive day...  yet not feel as though I wasted my opportunity for a lazy day.

This probably means that yard work is better done on Tuesday.

So far I've managed to balance today fairly well but I'm starting to get anxious about getting things done and am finding it difficult to do nothing.

Damn first world problems and shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment