Tuesday, May 2, 2017

May begins

Sometimes, at the end of the day I'm left completely exhausted and yet wondering what on earth I did all day to warrant being so tired.  I've organized photos, lifted them all off the computer and saved them to a flashdrive.  I've begun the process of retrieving photos from my phone - a tedious and extremely time consuming task that will also result in further progress being made on my playlists.  So it's a win-win, but it's tedious and time consuming.  I've eventually got to get these pictures all developed and into photo albums because I'm old school like that.  Of course, I have nowhere to put the photo albums until I get the bookshelf from my mom's...  this is a conundrum that has me willing to rent a car to get it done.

I've made progress in the yard.  I dug a hole and am filling it with rocks...  it's right where the rain gutter drains and it made sense to do something there so I don't put a plant there and watch it drown.  When all is said and done and things have grown in a bit it'll look just fine.  Next step is to finish clearing the area behind the garage and to grab some ice plant bits from the area between the clinic and our neighbor.  Hopefully I can get enough of it to take that it fills in and works around the lava rocks, creating something at least mildly attractive in that otherwise dead space.

We have to get a weed whacker and then we have to rent a rototiller.
My husband is going to kill himself with this task...  but once that's done I've got a few ideas percolating which include building and installing a gate, putting in a brick lined, raised bed along the back of the house for herbs.  I've got chives and rosemary currently...  I've also got ideas for the other fence line as a place to put more succulents.  But the ones that aren't in ground are in pot and doing all right, I've got some babies cooking and a powerful need for a couple of new varieties...  but we'll see what happens over the next few weeks while I clear the area in front that's the next place for planting...  I've also got mad plans to get started on painting the kitchen.  I've chosen the blue and I've chosen the white so I think it's time to tackle the laundry room...

Dear gods its been hot and I can't take it.  Hopefully we're able to get new windows - those will help immensely in the winter.  If the bathroom doesn't get really awful we might be able to get an air conditioner next year and put off the bathroom remodel until 2019.   Oh that would be so nice...  to only have one more stifling summer...  but time will tell and we'll see and first things first we've got to take care of the credit card bills and get these fucking vacations and this gods forsaken convention done and over with.

Happy fucking May...  I have the extreme pleasure of going to work tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment