Thursday, April 6, 2017

too much i can't keep up when i'm depressed

Depression is great.  When it's caused by your job it's even better.
Put May on the wall calendar... Starting to stress out about the fact that I have nothing to wear to this wedding we're going to and we leave in two weeks.
But nobody will leave me the fuck alone about the trip in June.
I still have to contact the pet sitter for our trip this month.  Which is April.
If the yard is mentioned to me one more time I'm going to cry.  I don't know how many times I can make my plans and opinions known to someone who hasn't lifted a finger save to call the gardeners...  I'm also getting incredibly frustrated with this constant bringing up of things I've told him are on my list.  I can't do all the things at once, and I can't do things when he gets the random bug up his ass...  I've told him I have other, smaller, things that I want to take care of before I tackle a big project.  I've also informed him that I'm not in any hurry.  After a year he's suddenly in a huge rush to get things done...  well...  maybe he should focus on his garage/man cave then, because whatever he does out there won't piss me off or get in my way...  furthermore...  he has so much going on right now and hasn't even done the taxes so the fact that he's flipping out about the yard right now is getting on my nerves.  If he starts something at this point in time - it will remain unfinished until I deal with it or after Memorial Day.  He is booked pretty solid until then and even once Memorial Day is passed we have this damn trip in June.  July his parents will be here eating up our free time while criticizing our lives and I know that part of him feels he has to have visible progress on things in order to keep them quiet, shut them up, make them happy...  I don't fucking care.  Thing is, we'll need to spend a Sunday painting or doing yardwork and they'll have a problem with it because they'll want to see us and spend time with us but they'll also freely, cruely, excessively criticize the weeds we're cultivating in the backyard.

I need to step up the search for a new job by getting my cover letter polished and sending out a few resumes.  If I half-assedly look for a job over the next month or so I can feel like I'm actually doing something, instead of waiting for the new job to come to me...  because although that has happened, it's not a very good way to deal with the current situation.

I am lazy.

Once the April trip is over I can step it up but...  if I'm not gainfully re-employed by Memorial Day I may have to quit anyway.  I'm killing myself and have too much sense of responsibility to quit when I need the money... so I can get things done around the house... so my husband will back the fuck off...  it's so frustrating to know that I'm the only one who has done anything for a year, and then we hit that magic mark and he suddenly cares, gets obsessive and starts doing things...  at least he's finally doing things, but why can't he take the project and finish it before he flips out and moves on to something else...  that's what I'll tell him to do when he finishes the taxes...  that he hasn't started and are due in 9 days...

Don't worry about anything else until you've patched all the spots the electrician cut out the drywall.  I'm tired of looking at these squares and screws.  Get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment