Wednesday, December 13, 2017

fuck you murphy

Yesterday was a fucking joke.  It all started when my irregular and impossible to track period decided to pay me a visit.

You see boys and girls, the joys of perimenopause means that I went from so damn predictable that the calendar people would call me to make sure they have their days right...  to...  it could be anywhere from 21-30 days in between and the whole ordeal could take anywhere from 3-7 days instead of 5.  Then...  there's the possibility that I could have another one a week later. 

So that hit first thing in the morning with cramps designed to cripple me and hormones to fuck up my already fucked up attitude.

I legitimately tore into my kid about being a lazy fuckhead twice in an hour.
TWICE.
Not saying he didn't deserve it...  because he did...  but I could have handled the entire thing with much more grace than I did...  but when you have rampaging hormones and feel like someone is riding a steam roller over your guts from inside your body...  not to mention the whole "kidneys feel like they're gonna fly out my back and kill someone" and the muscles in my legs not relaxing... and has anyone ever told you that their menstrual cramps feel like labor?  Cause mine do.  Same fucking sensation I dealt with when I had the boy...  only difference is there's no an anesthesiologist around to numb my ass up.

All this on top of the dental appointment it took 45 minutes to get to...  only to find an empty dental office with locked doors and a 23minute wait later they finally showed up 13 minutes past my appointment time.  The entire staff had gone out to lunch together...  and left no one behind to man the phones, let people in, etc...  I guess transferring the phones to the doctor's cell is certainly something you can do...  but when someone is already having a Murphy's Law kind of day, has to drive 45 minutes to see you and will be going home in rush hour traffic...  you might want to be on time.

Profuse apologies don't work for me.  Apologize once and then don't do it again.  The tenth time you apologize for something...  I'm not listening anymore.  You've already proven that you don't care...  Problem?  Love my dentist, love the staff...  hate the way she runs her business.  Receptionist will call every 45-120 minutes the day before your appointment.  They will do this until you answer or return their call to confirm that you will actually be at your appointment.  There's no "call us if you can't make it" and the assumption that you'll be there.  It's a constant barrage of annoyance and I inevitably have to work the day before...  so no good.  Also... the commute.  Three cities over when I have dentists close enough to walk to.  I have to find a new one...  and I don't want to but I can't do that again. 

Yesterday kept going wrong.  To the point where even the boy noticed it.  I could not catch a break and that made two solid shit head fuck you days.

Today I work from 11am to 8pm and I work with the same fucking assholes that I worked with on Wednesday.  I'm pretty confident that Useless will either be at the other clinic (to keep her away from me), that she'll have called in "because she needs to study" or she'll leave early... same excuse.

I suppose calling in and saying, "I need to bake.  The only thing in the world I want to do is make my fucking Christmas cookies.  Nobody will let me.  I've spent 12 days trying and 12 days being denied.  I'd also like to put some fucking ornaments on my tree, which I also seem unable to do.  So I won't be at work today."  I suppose that would be a kind of fucked up thing to do...  the day before my office manager gets married...  so I know he'll leave early today...  but I want to do it soooo bad...  so bad.

Yesterday's nonsense left me with quite a bit to do this morning, but it's all manageable and I'll deal with it after my walk...  and may call/text the OM and inform him that I may be late because I have things I need to catch up on as coming in to work sorely behind every single day is bullshit.


No comments:

Post a Comment