Monday, October 9, 2017

post con lack of motivation

Honestly, conventions are exhausting.  If I still wore that dam FitBit it would have exploded.  Of course, all the driving I also did brought the fact that I need my wheel bearings checked to my attention.  I've had this problem before, it's no fun.  I drove that one until the wheel bearing gave out, that was...  and interesting drive.  Ever drive a car with a wobbly wheel?  I don't recommend it.  Scary.  So I'll get that dealt with in the next couple of weeks as it's still minor.  Of course, our mechanic retired and closed up shop so the joy of finding a new mechanic is overwhelming.  As a woman this experience can be extra super fun.

My work schedule is finally back to normal after three weeks of having to constantly remind myself what day of the week it was and which days I had to be at work.  It's a balm to my poor tired brain and coupled with the con exhaustion I'm finding it very hard to give a damn that there are three days worth of dishes in the sink, we're running out of clean underwear, and the fridge is empty.

I have a pretty long list for today...  almost an entire sheet of paper...  I had all the drive and motivation to do it last night, went to bed optimistic.  Went to bed with a game plan.

Overslept by ten minutes and once the boy was dropped off at school I promptly came home and did nothing.

I know damn well I'm using the excuse of the spousal unit's state of unconsciousness.
I'll get started when he gets up.
Besides, I'd like to run my errands first and I have no desire to back his car out of the driveway to unearth my own.

Let me finish this joint and I'll get my ass in gear...  or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment